Gifts handcrafted in the Smokies or that remind us of Sevierville are some of our favorites to give and receive. Here are 5 outstanding gifts to give this holiday season that you can pick up on your next Sevierville girlfriends’ getaway.
5) Dumplin Creek Moonshine – At Thunder Road Distillery, Sevierville’s first moonshine distillery, you can find locally inspired flavors. Pick up a wintry jar of Tennessee Frost, a 100 proof traditional moonshine made from locally ground corn and created by an old timey recipe. Speaking of recipes, pair your gift with a drink recipe for a Frosty Margarita: Shake all liquids in a cocktail shaker with ice, rim glasses with salt, pour and enjoy!
- 3 oz. Tennessee Frost Moonshine
- 2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup (superfine sugar mixed in water)
- 1/2 tsp. Orange Liqueur
- 1 tbsp. Margarita Salt
4) Apple Barn & Cider Mill – The Apple Barn & Cider Mill has an impressive collection of locally handmade apple butters and jams. Create a sampler basket with flavors for any occasion with prices as low as $3.98 per jar! Some delicious examples are: apple butter, apple jelly, peach butter, pear butter, strawberry butter, pumpkin butter, and sweet potato butter. While you’re creating your sampler basket, grab a loaf of tasty breakfast bread to pair with the specialty butters and jams.
3) The Inquisitor’s Key – Gift the bookworm on your shopping list a thrill this Christmas. The Inquisitor’s Key is a novel creating by the writing team of Jon Jefferson and Dr. Bill Bass (a world-renowned forensic anthropologist and founder of the University of Tennessee’s Body Farm). The novel begins in Sevierville and takes readers on a page-turning ride around the world to solve a deadly mystery. This book also makes a perfect stocking stuffer!
2) Smoky Mountain Knife Works – At Smoky Mountain Knife Works you can find just about anything for anyone. The chef, hunter or historian in your life will love a gift from Smoky Mountain Knife Works. Choose from an expansive selection of high-quality kitchen cutlery or tactical knives. Purchase a piece of history for someone and bring the past to life. Choose from Civil War bullets, Roman coins or even authentic fossils found within the Smoky Mountain Relic Room.
1) Robert A. Tino Gallery – Stroll over to the Robert A. Tino Gallery to browse through the inspirational works of art created by local artist Robert A. Tino. Choose one of the beautiful holiday images, like Harrisburg Holiday as a way to celebrate both the season and the history of the Smoky Mountains. Harrisburg Holiday features Sevierville’s iconic Harrisburg Covered Bridge.