When people think about towns like Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, they think of the Great Smoky Mountains. They might also think about all the sightseeing, shopping, dining and unique attractions (like Dollywood or the many museums) that make this area so popular. Millions of people pass through the area every single year, and many of them come for outdoor adventures – particularly whitewater rafting.
With the Pigeon and Nantahala Rivers in the area (two of the most frequently visited rivers in the entire Great Smoky Mountains), whitewater rafting is almost always an option. If you are eager to find some whitewater rafting near Sevierville, you should know one key fact: most rafting companies depart just a beautiful 45-minute drive away in Hartford, Tennesseee.
Finding Whitewater Rafting Near Sevierville
North of most of the outfitters, it can seem like you won’t easily find whitewater rafting near Sevierville, but that is not the case. Below is a list of well-known providers. Most have guided raft trips on the upper Pigeon River area (typically running more than five miles) and with class 3 and 4 rapids.
They will also have lower Pigeon River trips that might be a bit shorter in overall length but just as exciting. You can also find more extreme whitewater rafting near Sevierville. This is typically in the upper Pigeon River area and will not be the full-sized rafts but smaller vessels. Some also have kayak options where you can actually learn whitewater rafting near Sevierville.
We recommend the following Pigeon River Rafting Outfitters:
- Big Creek Expeditions – 3541 Hartford Road – Hartford, TN 37753 – PHONE: 877-642-7238
- Rafting in the Smokies – 813 East Parkway- Gatlinburg, TN 37738 – PHONE: 800-776-7238
- Smoky Mountain Outdoors – 453 Brookside Village Way – Gatlinburg, TN 37738 – PHONE: 800-771-7238
- Smoky Mountain River Rat – 3630 Hartford Road – Hartford, TN 37753 – PHONE: 888-872-7238
- Wildwater Outdoor Adventures – 3555 Hartford Road – Hartford, TN 37753 – PHONE: 866-319-8870
There may be even more outfitters running trips when you visit Sevierville, and we suggest planning more than just one visit to the beautiful waters of the region.